Code of Conduct Policy
The Global Marketplace Code of Conduct Policy is just one of the ways we put our Values into action. It is built around the recognition that everything we do in connection with our work will be measured against the highest possible standards of social and ethical behaviour. Our commitment to obtaining the highest standards support us to to hire great people, build great products and attract loyal customers and clients.
Each and every one of us has a personal responsibility to incorporate the principles of the Code of Conduct into our work. If you have any questions about this policy, or you think that one or more of your colleagues may be falling short of this commitment we need to hear from you.
All employees and Board members are expected to know and follow the Code of Conduct. Failure to do so can result in disciplinary action, including termination of employment. The Code of Conduct does not replace legislation, and if any part of this policy is in conflict, legislation takes precedence.
What are your responsibilities?
- Uphold and exhibit our Values at all times – Integrity, Dedication, Evolution, Action and Support
- If you see or suspect anything illegal or unethical, report this to a member of the Executive team
- Avoid apparent conflicts of interest and promptly disclose to a member of the Executive team any actions that may constitute a conflict of interest
- Promote the interests of Global Marketplace at all times
- Abide by policies, procedures and lawful directions that relate to your employment with Global Marketplace and our clients and customers
- Exercise fairness, equality, courtesy, consideration and sensitivity when dealing with other employees, clients and suppliers
Protecting Our Assets
- Be responsible and scrupulous in the proper use of company information, funds, equipment, resources and facilities
- Be considerate and respectful of the environment (and the planet)
- Protect what we have built and are building – do not reveal confidential Global Marketplace material
- Dispose of all confidential company information correctly and with care
- Follow all policies and protect personal company information
- Share company information with discretion and only when required
- Perform duties with skill, honesty, care and diligence
- Take the appropriate measures to keep our trade secrets and intellectual property confidential
- Protect any personal information that is entrusted to you and only use or share to others outside the company in an authorised manner
Speak Up With Confidence
- If you have a concern, please share this with someone – you will be listened to and respected
- The company prohibits any retaliation against an employee who reports or participates in the investigation of a possible violation of the Code of Conduct, policies or the law
- Any employee who in good faith raises a complaint or discloses an alleged breach of the Code of Conduct will not be disadvantaged. All reports will be dealt with in a timely and confidential manner
Respect and Support
- We are all on the same team
- We value one another’s contributions
- We are committed to a supportive working environment
- Employees are expected to do their utmost to create a workplace culture that is free of harassment, intimidation, bias and unlawful discrimination
- Harassment, discrimination and bullying in any form is prohibited at Global Marketplace
Gifts and Money
- Avoid the perception that any business transaction may be influenced by offering or accepting gifts
- Under no circumstances may employees offer or accept money from other Employees, Clients or Customers
Safety in the Workplace
- We look out for one another
- We have a zero tolerance policy regarding threats or acts of violence
- Our position on substance abuse is simple; it is not compatible with the health and safety of our employees, and we don’t permit it. There are times when alcohol is permitted within a working environment, but moderation must be exercised at all times
Global Marketplace expects co-operation from all employees to conduct themselves in a professional, ethical and socially acceptable manner of the highest standards and at all times when representing the Company. Any employee in breach of this policy may be subject to disciplinary action.
Should an employee have any questions about any aspect of the Code of Conduct, they can seek clarification from the Business Support Executive or Financial Controller.
This policy will be regularly reviewed by Global Marketplace. Any necessary changes will be implemented, and all employees will be notified of any changes.