Performance Appraisal Reviews
The purpose of Performance Appraisal Reviews is to improve performance. It is an ongoing process. It should include informal and formal review. We encourage a two-way process, that is, employees can also give management feedback on performance.
All employees will undergo a formal performance review with their immediate managers at least once a year. Annual performance reviews will take place in December/January of each year.
- The manager and the employee agree on the date for a performance appraisal meeting
- The manager and employee will meet and openly and constructively discuss performance, using the Staff Performance Form and the Appraisal Feedback Form.
- The manager and the employee will agree on focus and goals for the next 6 – 12 months and how these will be achieved.
- Training and development will be considered as part of the process.
- Notes will be taken during the meeting and both the employee and management will receive copies of any actions/outcomes.
- Outside of this formal process, employees are encouraged to give feedback to Management if and when required.